You can only start writing code for projects submitted to Hack Upstate XV after the opening ceremony at 12pm EST on Saturday, October 3, 2020. Sign up today: https://bit.ly/hackupstatexvsignup
However, we allow and highly encourage you to start and engage in design activities to further ideate on your idea prior to the start the hackathon.
Prior to start of the hackathon, you can:
Develop your ideas:
- Plan out your entire idea in writing
- Discuss your idea with teammates, potential users, mentors, and pretty much anyone! We encourage you to submit your idea here and pitch live at the opening ceremony: bit.ly/hu-xv-pitch.
- Sketch design mockups of your app or technical product
- Research frameworks and libraries that you may want use (you cannot start coding until October 3rd, 2020 at 12pm but you can start watching tutorials and reviewing documentation to outline how you will build your product)
Find your team:
- As people submit their pitch, you can check bit.ly/hu-xv-projects to find a team.
A 24 hour hackathon goes by fast so the more you prepare your idea prior to our October 3rd, 2020 at 12pm start, the more likely you start writing code at the start of the hackathon. Good luck!